Deneview has barriers at the front of the site for security. The following expectations are in place to ensure safety.
Please see the birdseye view picture below, for the path parents should take when picking up children from Deneview.
- No student is allowed on site prior to 8.20am
- Students can disembark from vehicles in the 'drop off area' at the front of the building
- No vehicle (taxis/parent/carer) involved in the collection of students will be allowed on site before 14.30, EXCEPT on Wednesday when vehicles will be allowed to enter site from 14.00 to accomodate the early finish.
- Vehicles arriving prior to 14.30/14.00 will be asked to leave site
- All studentsleave schoolfrom the back of the building
- No student will be allowed to leave site by the front entrance
- All vehicles must follow directions to the back of the building, directions may be either verbal or written (see map)
- All vehicles must observe the strict 5mph max speed limit
- Vehicles will be lined up in a strict arrival order
- All vehicles willl be called forward by an appropriate staff member in a controlled manner
- Vehicles will only move on direct instruction of an appropriate staff member
- Vehicles will leave site following instructions and guidance of an appropriate staff member
For the majority of our students, transport is provided by SEN transport. For more information regarding their service, please download the SEN Handbook for Parents on the right hand side.
Further information about SEN Transport is alsoavailable from:
Newcastle City Council
Newcastle upon Tyne
Phone: 0191 277 4646