The curriculum at Trinity Academy New Bridgehas been developed with a focus on preparing learners for both, academic success and social & emotional growth to enable better outcomes in life.
Enrichment: Key stages 3 and 4 access our full enrichment offer. These are presented as full-drop-down days, Friday Afternoon activities, and are also integrated into most subject lessons where appropriate. Details of scheduled activities in the table below:
The Enrichment Offer
Key Stage 3: We expect this key stage to be the building block for success in the latter key stages. Details in the table below.
- Ensuring continuity from the previous school: We offer a full national curriculum offer at KS3, ensuring continuity in a child’s educational experience from their previous setting. There are also several planned interventions and provisions in place to ensure all students are working at age-expectations.
- Broad, balanced and challenging: As can be seen inthe table below (KS3 Curriculum), each aspect of the national curriculum is delivered throughout this key stage, along with a broad range of extra-curricular activities.
- Sequenced for success: Subjects (and topics taught within them) have been carefully chosen to provide a sequential progression in the knowledge and skills required to successfully apply these in the next phase of their lives: Key stage 4.
Key Stage 4: We expect all learners to develop detailed knowledge and skills across the curriculum, and as a result, achieve well. Details in the table below.
- Ensuring continuity and catch-up: The core curricular offer is in line with the national curriculum - English, Maths, Science, PE, Art, and ICT. All of these subjects lead to qualifications (GCSE or functional skills, depending on ability). Again, several planned interventions and provisions are in place to ensure all students are working at age-expectations. So any child joining at any point in their lives will be able to access our full offer.
- A Qualifications-led KS4 offer: Most subjects taught in KS4 lead to a recognized qualification which will aid learners to progress onto FE, training or employment.Trinity Academy New Bridge is registered with most widely recognized and trusted awarding bodies like Pearson (Edexcel), AQA, NCFE, Asdan, Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, and IMI.
Careers: Details in the table below.
- Key stages 3 and 4 access an IAG award-winning, robust and comprehensive careers programme. We work to the GATSBY benchmarking principles, ensuring all learners receive meaningful exposure to the world of work and career planning.
- In addition to this, our complete curricular offer is planned with a strong linkage to the local labour market, further education progression routes, etc.