Trinity Academy is a welcoming academy where everyone is valued highly and where tolerance, honesty, co-operation and mutual respect for others are fostered. We are committed to the development of the whole person within a supportive, secure and creative environment.
A broad, balanced and appropriate curriculum provides equal opportunity for all pupils to maximise their potential regardless of age, sex, race, colour, religion or disability. We endeavour to promote positive relationships with parents, governors and members of the wider community.
At Trinity Academy we aim to promote equality and tackle any form of discrimination and actively promote harmonious relations in all areas of academy life. We seek to remove any barriers to access, participation, progression, attainment and achievement. We take seriously our contribution towards community cohesion.
We aim to:
- Provide a secure environment in which all our children can flourish and achieve all five outcomes of 'Every Child Matters' (be healthy, stay safe, enjoy and achieve, make a positive contribution, and enjoy economic well-being)
- Provide a learning environment where all individuals see themselves reflected, where their voice is heard and feel a sense of belonging
- Prepare students for life in a diverse society in which children are able to see their place in the local, regional, national and international community
- Include and value the contribution of all families to our understanding of equality and diversity
- Provide positive non-stereotyping information about different groups of people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and age
- Plan systematically to improve our understanding and promotion of diversity
- Actively challenge discrimination and disadvantage
- Make inclusion a thread which runs through all our activities