Year 7 Catch-Up Premium is a type of funding additional to the main school funding. It is allocated to pupils who failed to achieve the Expected Standard at the end of Key Stage 2 in Mathematics and/or English reading.
Trinity Academy received £6128 for the year 2016-17.
Allocation of Year 7 catch-up premium 2016/17:
1. Curriculum structure and intervention - the curriculum was structured to enable those pupils who did not secure the national standard in English and/or maths to access learning in small groups and receive 1:1 intervention if underachieving. This allowed intensive and extended support to meet the needs of these pupils, ensuring that their core skills (which underpin the rest of the curriculum) were developed.
2. Reading Wise - ReadingWise is an evidence-based, efficient programme for those who have struggled to learn to read. This programme was purchased for all key stage 3 pupils with the aim of promoting a reading culture across year 7 to 9.
3. MyMaths - Interactive lessons, games, and worksheets are linked to an Assessment Manager system that enables fun and dynamic teaching while tracking and monitoring progress systematically.
4. Outdoor Education Days – Students access full days outside of school to promote confidence, team building and articulation; all skills that can support them back in the classroom
The Impact of Catch Up Premium
A higher proportion of students who were eligible for the Catch Up premium achieved progress when compared whole school population.
Catch up Student achieving progress during Year 7
Catch up Student achieving aspirational target during Year 7
Allocation of Year 7 Catch Up Premium 2017/18:
Predicted Amount: £5,000
1. Curriculum structure – Year 7 students attend the Lower School where there is a higher staff/student ratio with a curriculum model; this has proven to be more successful for Year 7 students.
2. Additional support in Year 7 classes – Senior Teaching and Learning Support practitioners to support English and Maths alongside the Class Teacher.
3. Curriculum resources – Reading Comprehension and My Maths to develop and consolidate skills.