The PE Premium is extra funding provided by the Government to fund improvements to the provision of PE and sport for the benefit of primary-aged pupils, so that they develop healthy lifestyles.
In 2017/18 we spent the funding on a range of activities and resources to broaden the range of exercise experiences for our primary children. The initiatives and activities which learners have benefitted from have included gymnastics in a specialised gymnasium, trampolining, outdoor education experiences and residential week away.
Impact of 2017/18 spend against indicators
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – All KS2 students have accessed weekly activities above their regular PE sessions.
2. The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school – PE premium activities have engaged and motivated KS2, evident through website articles and school displays
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport – Trinity staff have worked alongside specialist instructors
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils – new experiences of trampolining, gymnastics and outdoor education
5. Increased participation in competitive sport – sports days, whole school sports events.
See downloadable statement
Swimming Proficiency- Current Year 6
|Can Swim Competently, confidentily and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres||6|
|Can use a range of strokes effectively||6|
|Can perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situation||4|